Greater Seattle Partners is working closely with public and private partners supporting Ukraine during this tragic time. We met with Honorary Consul of Ukraine Valeriy Goloborodko in Seattle following the invasion, and our region, State of Washington and international institutions have expressed unwavering support for Ukraine following the illegal invasion by Russia which began February 24th. Some activity that GSP is engaged in and tracking:
- March 1st: Alaska Airlines suspended its limited interline relationships with S7 and Aeroflot, the largest carrier in Russia.
- March 1st: Boeing suspends parts, maintenance and support for Russian airlines.
- March 4th: Governor Inslee directive bans state contracts with Russian government entities.
- March 4th: Microsoft suspends new sales in Russia.
- March 7th: Seattle Mayor Bruce Harrell issues executive order to support people of Ukraine.
- March 7th: World Bank Mobilizes an Emergency Financing Package of over $700 million for Ukraine.
- Please note: Greater Seattle Partners is designated as World Bank’s Private Sector Liaison Officer for Seattle.
- March 8th: The Port of Seattle Commission proclaims its support of those impacted by the invasion of Ukraine and calls for the immediate withdrawal of all Russian forces from Ukraine.
As the situation in Ukraine continues to deteriorate, GSP is in communication with contacts in Europe, consuls general and honorary engaged in the global conversation seeking to aid the Ukrainian people and continue humanitarian aid efforts. We join our partners across the globe in condemning the deplorable and violent acts committed by Russia, and stand in solidarity with the people of Ukraine.