Seattle Business Magazine just released their list of “12 Seattle Business Leaders to Watch in ’21,” and Greater Seattle Partners’ CEO, Brian McGowan is featured as a leader who is “moving the economy forward and laying the groundwork for recovery after the pandemic passes.”
Excerpt from the article:
Like all of us, Brian McGowan spends his days planning for a return to normality, and then some. McGowan, chief executive officer of economic development agency Greater Seattle Partners, is leading the development and execution of the region’s economic recovery plan as the pandemic continues. McGowan is both optimistic and realistic. He’s been outspoken that the pandemic provides an opportunity to create a more inclusive economy. “We need to make sure we’re not just trying to get back what we lost,” he says. “The bot-tom line is, the economy we had before wasn’t working for everyone. We need to do better.” To do that, McGowan is planning on a future involving high rates of telecommuting and is working with employers to develop workforce training programs that will lead to middle-income jobs of the future.Source: Seattle Business Magazine
Other leaders include:
- – Eric Artz, CEO of REI
- – Craig Dawson, President & CEO of Retail Lockbox Inc
- – Former Governor Chris Gregoire and head of Challenge Seattle
- – Craig Jelinek, CEO of Costco
- – Leen Kawas, President & CEO of Athira Pharmacy
- – Paul Lambros, CEO of Plymouth Housing
- – Tod Leiweke, President and CEO of NHL Seattle
- – Moon Neitzel, Founder of Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream
- – Jordan Selig, EVP of Mar-tin Selig Real Estate
- – Brad Smith, President and Chief Legal Officer of Microsoft Corp.
- – Jeremy Wacksman, President of Zillow
Congratulations to everyone. And a BIG thank you to the incredible leadership of our Executive Council, Board of Directors, and the entire team for raising our profile. We have important work to do.