Arts and culture
- Greater Seattle has a thriving art and music scene with an abundance of local historic venues for visual and performing arts, poetry, and music
- Seattle is one of the few cities in the nation with world-class professional opera, symphony and ballet companies
- From the Seattle Art Museum to the Museum of Flight, greater Seattle boasts an incredible assortment of art, history, heritage and industry museums
- Over 143 different languages are spoken in greater Seattle
- Racial and ethnic diversity in greater Seattle has steadily increased since 1990, with growth among people of color accounting for 75 percent of the region’s population increase
- Seattle and Bellevue received perfect scores (100/100) in the Municipal Equality Index for LGBTQ inclusion in policy, services, and municipal laws. Tacoma was not far behind receiving a score of 96
It’s beautiful here. And environmental concern, and stewardship, and sustainability is part of the ethic here in this region. I think it’s important because we play where we work.